Bromocriptine is a dopamine based medicine used as a treatment for various diseases such as tumors, Parkinson, type 2 diabetes and many more. It is also commonly used and prescribed to women who suffer from or are suspected of infertility. Claim Your 20 Free Pregnancy Tests – Click Here
Just like the other drugs in its category, bromocriptine triggers important chemical changes in the body, so it is accompanied by a few side effects. As far as its action against infertility is concerned, the most important side-effects are believed to be twin pregnancies.
Also found on the market under the name of Parlodel or Cycloset, Bromocriptine is used to stimulate fertility due to its capacity to reduce prolactin levels. Prolactin is known to reduce estrogen levels and to inhibit ovulation; so, when these problems are taken care of, the couple’s chances to conceive improve considerably.
After taking Bromocriptine, 90% of the women succeed to regulate or reinstall their ovulation and approximately 80% actually get pregnant, but there are no actual proofs regarding this effect of the drug. All the studies concluded that Bromocriptine, as a cause of twins, is just a myth as the drug alone has no such repercussions. Its reputation is often brought about by the association with Gonadotropins, Perganol or Clomiphene, the actual responsible factor in increasing the risk for twins or multiple births by 10 to 40 percent.
- Gastrointestinal – such as nausea, vomiting, cramps, indigestion, constipation, diarrhea, and abdominal discomfort.
- Nervous system – headache, dizziness, fatigue, faintness and insomnia.
- Musculoskeletal – muscle cramps, facial pallor and edema.
- Cardiovascular – hypotension, vasospasm, syncope, seizures, strokes, infarction.
- Respiratory – nasal congestion and shortness of breath.
- Psychiatric – usually encountered as a result of combinations with other drugs, they can reach mild dementia or hallucinations, depression anxiety.
- Ocular – any type of visual disturbance.
- Urinary – inconsistency, frequency or retention.
- Dermatologic – rash and mottling skin.
- Others – such as hair loss, dry mouth, tingling sensations in ears and fingers, cold feet and numbness.
Unfortunately, these side-effects may vary in form and intensity from one person to another, so it is better to get advice on how to deal with them from a specialist and to avoid un-prescribed combinations of drugs.
ConceiveEasy® TTC Kit™ is the most complete fertility system available over the counter. Clinically proven to dramatically increase your chances of conception and help you get pregnant fast from the very first use. And now for a limited time, Try a FREE starter pack today & receive 20 FREE pregnancy tests and a FREE Digital BBT Thermometer!